December 6, 2018 MACERICH DEBUTS NEW LUXURY AT SCOTTSDALE FASHION SQUARE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MACERICH DEBUTS NEW LUXURY AT SCOTTSDALE FASHION SQUARE
-New wing opens with exceptional new retailers, restaurants and elevated amenities-
PHOENIX, Ariz., Nov. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – Macerich (NYSE: MAC), one of the nation’s leading owners, operators and developers of one-of-a-kind retail properties in top markets, today detailed the successful debut last week of the new luxury wing at Scottsdale Fashion Square.
In line with the region’s positive economic momentum, Scottsdale Fashion Square has seized the opportunity to perfect its luxury offerings, embarking on a multi-year expansion and renovation project to elevate the customer experience by drawing more exclusive, first-to-market retail names to Arizona.
Shoppers now are experiencing the first results of Macerich’s commitment to enhancing luxury at Scottsdale Fashion Square, including new stores, high-end furnishings and finishes, new Swarovski-inspired light column in the Crystal Court, and a range of desirable amenities. The new luxury wing, anchored by Neiman Marcus and Dillard’s, also features a new grand entrance, providing a sense of arrival evoked by a striking, two-story glass entry flanked by destination restaurants.
“Our store experienced a tremendous customer response to the opening of the new luxury wing at Scottsdale Fashion Square, which continues to be an outstanding platform for luxury brands like ours,” said James Keller, General Manager, Salvatore Ferragamo. “The polished, new design elements, stunning new entrance and added luxury amenities are just right for our shoppers.”
The new luxury wing launched with a charity-focused shopping event over four days – the Legacy of Luxury shopping benefit – with 10 percent of sales benefiting a wide variety of local nonprofits, including the ASU Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, Phoenix Children’s Hospital and more.
“Macerich has a long and productive history of consistently investing in our top properties, including Scottsdale Fashion Square, where we are reimagining the real estate to ensure it remains an essential destination for world-class retailers and brands, and of course the region’s discerning shoppers,” said Scott Nelson, Senior Vice President, Development, Macerich. “In Arizona, Scottsdale Fashion Square is already the region’s undisputed luxury leader. As we elevate the experience and draw even more of the most coveted retail names, this exceptional property will continue to attract shoppers seeking the most inspired collection of luxury brands and experiences.”
Major new exclusive-to-market retailers announced in 2018 are:
• Saint Laurent – A luxury, prêt-à-porter retailer with boutiques in Paris, Beverly Hills and other
major luxury centers around the world
• Apple – The iconic consumer tech brand opened the market’s first of its newly designed flagship locations at Scottsdale Fashion Square in October
• Trina Turk – A contemporary favorite specializing in chic women’s ready to wear and
• Breitling – The Swiss brand known for high-precision timepieces
• Hublot – The inventive brand that combines exotic materials and Swiss watchmaking tradition
• IWC Schaffhausen – With a focus on technology, this Swiss watchmaker has produced
timepieces with lasting value since 1868
• Peloton – High-end, at-home fitness equipment that marries sophisticated technology with expert-led group classes and other media content
• b8ta – The retail destination for discovering the latest in electronics and other innovative products
• UNTUCKit – The casual men’s shop known for redefining dress shirt style
• Morphe – The renowned beauty brand created by artists and influencers
Spurred by Macerich’s investments in upping the luxury quotient at Scottsdale Fashion Square, these current top brands are evolving by recommitting, expanding and renovating their retail presence at the property:
• Louis Vuitton – The French luxury house famed for signature leather goods, accessories and more recently remodeled its flagship location at Scottsdale Fashion Square
• St. John – Esteemed for signature knitwear and exceptional service, the store enhanced its presentation at Scottsdale Fashion Square, opening its new location in the luxury wing in October
• Jimmy Choo – The 21st century luxury accessories brand with shoes at its heart will soon undergo a relocation
• Escada – The European luxury designer clothing brand is a recent addition to Scottsdale Fashion
• Johnny Was – Offering luxury Boho fashion and accessories for women, this LA-based brand completely renovated its current location, featuring hand-painted artwork on the storefront
• Bottega Venetta – Known for its exquisite leather and other luxury goods, the Italian brand completely renovated the store interior with a new, two-story front entrance
• Omega – The luxury Swiss watchmaker has been redesigned to replicate the Omega flagship store in Switzerland
• CH Carolina Herrera – The modern luxury lifestyle collection from the eponymous South
American designer will soon be relocating to a new space in the luxury wing
• Gucci – One of the world’s top luxury brands representing the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship, the boutique is relocating to a new, expanded location across the Palm Court
• Cartier – The renowned French luxury brand focusing on fine jewelry, watches, accessories and fragrances will soon undergo complete transformation of its current space
• Lululemon – This technical athletic-wear favorite reinvested at Scottsdale Fashion Square by doubling the size of its footprint and offering new features such as The Joinery, an onsite customization and hemming service, and Ivivva, the product line for active girls
Macerich is also proud to introduce brand new, high-end restaurants that soon will call Scottsdale Fashion Square home:
• Nobu – Arizona’s first location for this upscale, international restaurant sensation
• Ocean 44 – A new seafood restaurant from the team behind Steak 44 and Dominick’s
Steakhouse, who are also founders of Mastro’s Steakhouse and Mastro’s Ocean Club
• Toca Madera – A concept from West Hollywood that showcases local ingredients and
• Farmhouse – Nathan Peitso, second-generation farmer of Kenter Canyon Farms, announced the
opening of his new restaurant serving “seed-to-plate” cuisine
• Zinqué – The iconic culinary hangout from Venice, CA, will bring its all-day coffee and wine bar
selections to Scottsdale Fashion Square
“It’s clear the world’s finest luxury retailers, restaurants and brands are choosing to be part of the enhanced luxury destination we are creating at Scottsdale Fashion Square,” said Kim Choukalas, Vice President, Leasing, Macerich. “Exclusive boutiques, sophisticated amenities and delightful experiences are all part of the new luxury wing.”
Scottsdale Fashion Square has evolved incrementally as the retail industry – and the market – have changed since the property’s earliest days in the 1960s when it was a small open-air center anchored by Goldwater’s department store. Highlights of many key changes over the years include building a two-story retail bridge to connect two separate retail properties into one that became an enclosed mall environment including a new Dillard’s department store; adding Arizona’s only Neiman Marcus; adding Arizona’s first Nordstrom and a number of other upscale retailers with an expansion across Camelback Road; the arrival of Macy’s to replace Sears; the addition of DICK’s Sporting Goods and the relocation/expansion of Harkins Camelview Theatres; among other important updates.
Future phases in the ongoing redevelopment of Scottsdale Fashion Square will include high-end residential units, class A office space and a hotel/hospitality center on a seven-acre parcel immediately north of the mall, which reaches from Goldwater Boulevard to Scottsdale Road.
Macerich, an S&P 500 company, is a fully integrated self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust, which focuses on the acquisition, leasing, management, development and redevelopment of regional malls throughout the United States.
Macerich currently owns 52 million square feet of real estate consisting primarily of interests in 48 regional shopping centers. Macerich specializes in successful retail properties in many of the country’s most attractive, densely populated markets with significant presence in the Pacific Rim, Arizona, Chicago and the Metro New York to Washington, DC corridor.
A recognized leader in sustainability, Macerich has earned NAREIT’s prestigious “Leader in the Light” award every year from 2014-2018. For the fourth straight year in 2018 Macerich achieved the #1 GRESB ranking in the North American Retail Sector, among many other environmental accomplishments. Additional information about Macerich can be obtained from the Company’s website at www.macerich.com
DATE AND TIME: 6 am Eastern Time, Nov. 19, 2018
MEDIA CONTACT: Karen Maurer, Macerich, 602-708-6311, Website: www.macerich.com