November 15, 2017 A Guide to Houston’s Hottest Culinary Scene at River Oaks District
A Guide to Houston’s Hottest Culinary Scene at River Oaks District
Open-air bistros, craft burgers and cocktails, award-winning steaks and French-Vietnamese dishes create the ultimate dining experience in the heart of Houston.
HOUSTON, TEXAS – River Oaks District, a curated collection of luxury and world class retail, dining and entertainment amenities set in a sophisticated open-air environment, invites Houstonians and visitors alike to indulge at The District’s array of restaurants.
“Whether you’re a foodie, happy hour enthusiast, wine connoisseur, celebrating a special occasion or traveling to Houston for work or play, look no farther than River Oaks District,” shared Jennifer Rivera, marketing manager at The District. “We have exciting dishes, craft cocktails and beautiful outdoor patios at every restaurant unlike anything else in the city, designed to create a special meal with friends and family.”
EXPERIENCE HOUSTON’S NEWEST CULINARY DESTINATION
• Amorino Gelato, an international boutique featuring a signature selection of irresistible and organic gelato, frappe, sweet treats and hot drinks.
• East Hampton Sandwich Company, a Dallas-based breakout fast-casual eatery known for its upscale artisan sandwiches made with premium ingredients.
• Hopdoddy, known for its highly acclaimed burgers, locally sourced ingredients and craft beers. The company’s River Oaks District location serves cult favorites from the Austin-founded restaurant, including Classic and Ahi Tuna burgers, alongside a full menu of salads, shakes, cocktails and wine.
• Reminiscent of another time and place, Le Colonial is an upscale French-Vietnamese restaurant that vividly recaptures the beauty, romance and spirit of French Colonial Southeast Asia in the 1920’s. The restaurant at River Oaks District features a 100-seat dining room with steel French doors leading out to al fresco dining and cocktails. Clients can also enjoy sipping handcrafted cocktails in comfortable lounge chairs and couches in the seductive bar and lounge overlooking the District.
• Loch Bar, an upscale spot for seafood, raw oysters & more plus rare whiskeys, beer & wine.
• Ouzo Bay, an award-winning, high-end Mediterranean concept with a strong Greek influence. The restaurant features a seafood-heavy menu, with fresh fish flown in from around the world.
• The name says it all with Steak 48, a luxury, two-story steakhouse at River Oaks District. A concept from brothers Jeffrey and Michael Mastro, the menu features prime steaks, raw dishes, seafood, creative cocktails and wine. Additionally, the restaurant features a raw bar and inventive dishes to set the steakhouse apart such as ahi poke and burrata with stone fruit.
• By combining hospitality and farm-to-table cooking, Taverna reflects authentic Italian flavors in a rustic and welcoming interior. In Italy, a taverna is a special place where customers become friends and family, and the River Oaks District restaurant is just that – a truly Italian experience without having to leave Houston. The menu features seasonal ingredients and surprising entrees, from pan seared sea bass to delicate pasta and fabulous risotto.
• Toulouse Café and Bar transports diners to a Parisian Café located in River Oaks District, where friends convene and it is likely to strike up conversations with neighboring tables. The atmosphere, both sophisticated and contagiously inviting, offers imaginative and seasonal menus, including mouth-watering specialties a la Française, delicious desserts made from scratch and an extensive wine list. Visitors can enjoy the tastes of France for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Friday, with brunch options on Saturday and Sunday.
• The Tuck Room, an intimate gastro lounge featuring skillfully crafted cocktails and soulful social plates, located inside iPic Theaters.
Many of the restaurants also provide romantic private dining for two or festive group dining, customized experiences, and events for visitors and MICE groups.
RIVER OAKS DISTRICT VISITOR SERVICES
Out of area visitors to River Oaks District are eligible to receive a Global Access Card, which entitles the visitor to special offers, amenities and experiences offered by participating retailers and restaurants.
Luxe experiences include complimentary champagne, hotel package delivery, hotel room fittings, alterations, beauty consultations and personal stylist sessions. For same day purchases over $500, visitors receive two complimentary tickets to The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Additionally, a $1,000 purchase entitles customers to a $50 gift card from one of the District’s fine dining establishments.
River Oaks District boasts a full-time dedicated concierge team that can provide every perk to elevate your experience, from making reservations and arranging car service to delivering packages to hotels and more.
They can be emailed online via the River Oaks District website or reached at 713-904-1310.
To view a complete listing of all shops, dining and entertainment, visit riveroaksdistrict.com. The site features a complete listing of store and restaurant information, in addition to a schedule of upcoming events. Followers can also keep up with the latest news and announcements via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
ABOUT RIVER OAKS DISTRICT
Managed by OliverMcMillan, River Oaks District is a shopping, dining and entertainment destination like no other in Texas. Situated inside the Houston Loop, River Oaks District features an elegant streetscape with more than 60 of the most sought-after luxury storefronts and brands in the world, including Akris, Canali, Cartier, COS, Dior, Giuseppe Zanotti, Harry Winston, Hermès, NARS, Stella McCartney and Tom Ford, among others. Acclaimed restaurants and entertainment venues include Steak 48, Le Colonial, Taverna, Toulouse Café & Bar, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, iPic Theaters and Equinox. For more information, please visit www.riveroaksdistrict.com
Founded in 1978, OliverMcMillan has earned a reputation as one of the largest and most forward thinking commercial real estate developers. The award-winning firm creates high-quality, artistic, market-appropriate developments and is recognized by industry leaders for its ability to move forward in a nimble and visionary manner. The firm has designed and developed more than eight million square feet of projects, with a total project value exceeding $5 billion. OliverMcMillan currently has approximately $3 billion in real estate projects under development in cities across the United States. Approaching each project with respect for the surrounding architecture and local culture, the firm works to create vibrant, enduring destinations. For additional information about OliverMcMillan, please visit olivermcmillan.com